Private Sector Representation
EKM Law, PLLC has extensive experience representing private sector clients in environmental matters, including:
- Representing electric vehicle manufacturers, rooftop solar installers, and a for-profit association of distributed energy resource providers in investigative, adjudicatory (rate cases, mergers, and grid modernization proceedings) and rule-making proceedings
- Counseling trade associations on Prop 65 compliance
- Counseling manufacturers on foreign and domestic regulatory compliance
EKM Law, PLLC represents developer clients on transactions and matters with the District government, including:
- Real Estate Transaction Counsel. Represents and advises private sector developers on real estate transactions with the District government.
- Special Counsel. Serves as co-counsel with large and small law firm attorneys on real estate developer client matters involving District law, policy and regulatory issues.
- Regulatory Compliance Counsel. Represents and assists private sector clients with District compliance issues, including CBE and First Source compliance and certification requirements.
- Landuse/Zoning. Represents and assists private sectors clients in obtaining variances and special exceptions from the Board of Zoning Adjustment (BZA).
Private Sector Real Estate Transaction and Land Use Clients
EKM Law, PLLC represents and advises private sector clients on:
- Acquisitions and dispositions
- Retail and office leases
- TOPA (Seller Representation)
- Condominium Conversions
- BZA Variance and Special Exceptions
- DCRA Permit Issues
EKM Law, PLLC represents an instrumentality of the District of Columbia on a variety of District law and real estate matters, including:
- Advising on District government and District instrumentality powers and processes of eminent domain.
- Assisting with minor modification application for submission to the District of Columbia Zoning Commission.
- Conducting historic District law, ROD and Office of the Surveyor research.
- Advising on District instrumentality tax status under Maryland laws.
- Conducting public space research and analysis.
Special Legal Services
EKM Law, PLLC conducts historic records research for private and government sector clients to determine the origin and nature of encumbrances, legal boundaries, and District (and Federal) government ownership of real property in the District of Columbia.